Guinea Pigs - Rodents with Attitude Forums > Rescue and Rehoming Centres > Appeals & Donations

Welcome to Guinea Pigs - Rodents with Attitude

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 « First 23 4

Old 25-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #31
dawnc

The Piggy Police

Online Status

Join Date Feb 2009
Posts 4,373
Location New York City

Thanked 1,393 times
in 1,106 posts

Default Re: Lots of piggies dumped on rescue drive!

Quote: Originally Posted by yodelpig

So thank you for being so ignorant as to back-to-back breed a very young sow, and leave someone else the financial nightmare of feeding, housing, neutering and dealing with the emotional mess you left me with.
I hope that whatever your problems where you've now sorted them out.
As I will continue to do for the lives you left me to deal with.
[/I]
I have deep admiration for anyone who does the expensive, arduous, and often heartbreaking work of rescuing animals. I don't think I could do it. I mean, I could do the work, and I'd spend the money if i had it, but the sadness and heartbreak of seeing how people mistreat animals would be too much for me, I think.

Slave to Lord Digby and the late, great Lords Mariusz, Saku, Willoughby, Roland, and Atticus.

The following members say thank you for this useful post

Old 26-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #32
yodelpig

Wise Old Piggy

Online Status

Join Date Oct 2010
Posts 1,405
Location Coventry

Thanked 739 times
in 519 posts

Quote: Originally Posted by dawnc

I have deep admiration for anyone who does the expensive, arduous, and often heartbreaking work of rescuing animals. I don't think I could do it. I mean, I could do the work, and I'd spend the money if i had it, but the sadness and heartbreak of seeing how people mistreat animals would be too much for me, I think.
The same goes for me - I don't have what it takes, either; especially on the physical stamina side!

I admire anybody who does, it takes total dedication and determination, as well as people skills. And it can be so, so gutting when you see lives needlessly lost or piggies suffering badly through other people's neglect, ignorance or outright cruelty.

But I can do my best to support those courageous people in whatever way possible!

Old 30-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #33
yodelpig

Wise Old Piggy

Online Status

Join Date Oct 2010
Posts 1,405
Location Coventry

Thanked 739 times
in 519 posts

The two last highly pregnant sows have now given birth:

Congratulations Alder on the birth of your 3 babies yesterday, 1 brown and white, 1 Black and white and 1 white.

Congratulations to Empress on the birth of her 4 babies today, sadly 1 died but we have 2 white ones and 1 black and white one doing well with their mum.

There is still one sow outstanding; she came in with her day old babies and has turned out to be already pregnant again. Fingers firmly crossed for her - back-to-back pregnancies come with an increased risk, as mummies don't have any time to recover between the end of the nursing period and the second half of the new pregnancy!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 « First 23 4