Wobbly Wheeker

Online Status

Join Date Oct 2009
Posts 1,861
Location Lancashire

Thanked 581 times
in 482 posts

Default Poor Sparkie

last week end we thought we were going to lose Sparkie....he became lethargic, losing weight....& felt cold to the touch....he was still eating & pooing etc...just looked very sorry for himself....so I spent all weekend cuddling him (usually he has 10 minutes tops then lets you know he wants to back to Snowball...anyway I used a very thin blanket that mini t used to have as a baby to help keep him warm (I use it usually to put on the top of their cage at night to help keep the warmth in - probably doesn't work ) I just put it lightly over the top of him....I think it gave him comfort....anyway over the last couple of days or so, he's started looking more like his old feisty self...& also slowly starting to put weight on again....he'd gone under 800g...now he's just over 800g....now he's a right 'cuddle' pig....I still cuddle him once or twice a day & he falls asleep in my arms...the other piggie isn't very impressed ....if Sparkie is out too long, Snowball starts running around looking for him...any way normality has resumed in the piggie household :

Old 15-01-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
Juliefogs

Wheekoming Committee

Online Status

Join Date Jun 2010
Posts 6,338
Location Harlow, Essex

Thanked 2,548 times
in 2,264 posts

Default Re: Poor Sparkie

I am pleased to hear that Sparkie has picked up! It is a worry when they are unwell.

Mum to Saph the cat, Daph and Freddie all at the Rainbow Bridge.xx

Old 17-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
aggie-99

Wheekoming Committee

Online Status

Join Date Mar 2009
Posts 4,011
Location Burnley

Thanked 858 times
in 664 posts

I'm glad to hear that Sparkie is feeling better.

Old 17-01-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
eppingstrider

Wheekoming Committee

Online Status

Join Date Nov 2008
Posts 7,618
Location Norfolk, UK

Thanked 2,627 times
in 1,765 posts

I hope he's still improving

Mum to Kevin, Mr Percy, Oscar & Midge, and never forgetting the superstars Fred, George, Victor, Hugo, Humphrey, Hector, Colman, Dylan and Dougall.
Click here to read The Princelings of the East FREE

Old 21-01-2017, 06:40 PM   #5
tango

Wobbly Wheeker

Online Status

Join Date Oct 2009
Posts 1,861
Location Lancashire

Thanked 581 times
in 482 posts

Sparkie is doing ok now....he's eating ok, but abit slower than he did...he appears happy in himself & brighter...first thing in the morning we take sparkie out of his cage to give him baby corn otherwise snowball nicks it off him ...otherwise both piggies are doing ok & still the best of friends

The following members say thank you for this useful post

Old 22-01-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
eppingstrider

Wheekoming Committee

Online Status

Join Date Nov 2008
Posts 7,618
Location Norfolk, UK

Thanked 2,627 times
in 1,765 posts

Good news! I'm so pleased - as you are, I expect!

Mum to Kevin, Mr Percy, Oscar & Midge, and never forgetting the superstars Fred, George, Victor, Hugo, Humphrey, Hector, Colman, Dylan and Dougall.
Click here to read The Princelings of the East FREE

Old 01-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
tango

Wobbly Wheeker

Online Status

Join Date Oct 2009
Posts 1,861
Location Lancashire

Thanked 581 times
in 482 posts

Sparkie is still doing ok....he definitely loves his cuddle times...instantly falls asleep...so cute

The following 3 members say thank you for this useful post

Old 14-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #8
tango

Wobbly Wheeker

Online Status

Join Date Oct 2009
Posts 1,861
Location Lancashire

Thanked 581 times
in 482 posts

over the last week I started to syringe feed Sparkie, even though he was still eating, his weight was going up and down abit....he was still his cheery self, he even ran up to me when he saw me with the feed/syringe....he was such a cutie....I gave him lots of cuddles etc...he occasionally used to sleep in my arms.....yesterday he started deteriorating fast...I fed him alright in the morning, but come tea time he refused so I started giving him lots of tlc instead (he wasn't in any pain, so the vet wouldn't have been able to do anything...& I wanted him to go peacefully in my arms...we think he'd had another stroke)....by 8 pm we knew the rainbow bridge was beckoning....I just kept cuddling him & telling him it was ok to join his friends tango, billy, barney & the others....as time went on around 10pm his breathing started to become more laboured....mini t gave him a little cuddle....then I started to cuddle him....he started to get sleepy again....he was so peaceful...then at 11pm he passed peacefully in my arms...guineahug: