First Time Owners
Hutches and Cages
Guinea Pig Breeds
Pairing & Grouping
Sexing Guinea Pigs
About the Site
Guinea Pigs - Rodents with Attitude Forums Rules
In order to proceed you must agree with our Forum Rules.
It may look like a lot of reading, but it's all common sense and here
to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible.
Terms and Conditions
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click
to return to the forum index.
"GPRWA" means Guinea Pigs - Rodents with Attitude.
The terms "we" and "us" refer to the administrators and moderators at Guinea Pigs - Rodents with Attitude.
1. The purpose of this forum
This forum is here to help pet owners care for their guinea pigs in the best ways possible. We are here to provide a supportive and family friendly community for our common love of guinea pigs.
People who are pet owners, breeders, enjoy showing, rescue, or adopt are all welcome here. This is a place for everyone to share knowledge, make friends and have fun.
The information contained in this website is for reference purposes only and does not replace the advice of a qualified veterinary professional.
We will judge offences on a case by case basis and depending on the severity of the breach, you may be warned, receive a temporary ban or become banned indefinately.
- Do not register to advertise your own site or wares via the forum private messaging system or in the public domain
- Do not register to reply to an angry conversation begun elsewhere
- Do not register a username with the sole purpose of contacting guinea pig breeders
- Do not post multiple threads about the same topic. Please update your existing thread
- Do not spam the wheek-box with multiple one-liners. If you do not get a reply after your first message, do something else and check back later
- Keep exclamation marks and question marks to a sensible minimum. Long lines of them (e.g. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) is considered spam
- Type in full English and do not use text speak or shorthand
- Do not type in CAPS because this is considered shouting
- Thread titles must be descriptive (don't simply type "help" and do try to describe the topic). We will rename unsuitably titled topics and a private message will be sent to inform the thread creator of the change
- Address the post, not the poster. Personal attacks are not tolerated and opinions must be respected. A member's opinion is not indicative of how they are as a person and this must be remembered when replying to a post you disagree with
- Please remain calm and be reasonable when you type a post. Arguments are not tolerated on this forum. We encourage you to step away from the computer and think before you type an angry post
- "Princess rants" are not tolerated here. Three year olds are not permitted to use this forum, so please don't act like one!
- Rudeness toward staff members will not be tolerated. They work very hard and deserve some respect
- If someone is seeking advice on the wheek-box and is being dealt with, please do not jump in unless you have something important to add. Especially when someone is discussing the health of an animal, offering random "advice" can confuse the issue
- Do not abuse or otherwise be unpleasant about a member's chosen interest in guinea pigs
- Do not post aggressive comments or "troll" the forum
- Do not use racially or personally abusive language, slander or threatening behaviour
- Do not post links to sites containing pornographic material or images of pornographic material anywhere on this forum
- Do not advertise animals
. Only members of the "Rescue Centre" group may advertise animals
- Links to breeder sites are not permitted in signatures, posts or on the wheek-box. We feel we are not a suitable location to advertise the sale of livestock, and links to breeder sites will be quietly removed by a Moderator
- You may have one banner (not an animated banner) in your signature bar. Banners must be no more than 600(w) x 200(h) pixels and 80kb in size. Your banner must be guinea pig related
- By popular request, you may have a maximum of 3
in your signature bar
- You may have one link in your signature bar, either around your banner or as a text link. Your link must be guinea pig related (exceptions may be made for charity and other good causes. Please contact
if you are unsure)
- By popular request, you may have a maximum of 3 dragon eggs in your signature bar
- You may have one link in your signature bar, either around your banner or as a text link. Your link must be guinea pig related
- All links will be quietly checked by us. Any links deemed inappropriate for family viewing will be removed
- You must own the photographs you post or have permission from the person who does
- Please do not post photographs of guinea pigs in clothes. A hat popped on the head or items draped around the animal are fine, but absolutely no suits or items that restrict movement
- Photographs entered into the Piggy of The Month competition must be your own. The guinea pig in the photograph must also be yours
- Photographs of injuries and ailments must be accompanied by a viewer discretion warning
- Accounts inactive for a period of six months will be deleted
6. Questions and Complaints
Do not challenge decisions made by the moderation and administration on the public forum. If you have a question or a complaint, please send a private message to a member of staff and we will be happy to discuss it with you.
All images, designs and content on this site (including but not limited to original graphics and articles created by GPRWA) are the exclusive copyright of GPRWA unless stated otherwise. Permission to use any protected content is provided in writing on a per-case basis by GPRWA. Any unauthorised use of site content is prohibited.
Information on this website not copyrighted to GPRWA is used with permission, and copyright remains with the original creator.
GPRWA takes no responsbility for any injuries, loss, or damage either direct, indirect or consequential that are the result of following guidance provided on this site.
Although the administrators and moderators of GPRWA will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of GPRWA, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, and members will be notified of changes to the terms and conditions on the public forum.
We reserve the right to modify, lock or remove any post or thread without warning.
I have read, and agree to abide by the Guinea Pigs - Rodents with Attitude Forums Terms and Conditions.
-- Default vBulletin
-- Green Tea and Chocolate
---- Green Tea and Chocolate Christmas
Guinea Pigs - Rodents with Attitude
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2005 - 2012, Rodents with Attitude